How will ETRP impact your organization and what do you need to do to comply?
We've read the rule language for you - keep up with all things ETRP only here at etrp.co.
ETRP is a potential new regulation in Colorado that would require certain employers to reduce their commuting emissions by shifting commuters out of single-occupancy vehicles (SOV).
Any employer or organization in the Denver Front Range with at least 100 employees reporting to a single worksite. The exact SOV rate you need to hit will depend on where your worksite is located.
Because air quality and climate change is only getting worse. ETRP will help put a system in place to solve this. Plus, employees are happier and healthier when their commutes are better.
Meeting compliance for the ETRP regulation doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Start identifying Transportation Demand Management (TDM) programs you could implement at your worksites in our calculator below.
How to use the TDM Calculator:
1. Indicate your compliance zone by using the dropdown on the right to identify your worksite as Business Core (Downtown Denver/Boulder), Non-Rural (suburban), or Rural.
2. Explore the SOV rate goals you need to hit in 2023 and 2025 by toggling the between years in the box on the right.
3. Add TDM programs to your toolbox by clicking Add under the programs you're interested in exploring.
4. See your expected SOV rate change as you add and remove programs.
5. Interested in diving in deeper? Register for Commutifi's free platform to survey your employees and see where you stand today. Then use the built-in TDM Calculator in your new dashboard to add programs you need to reach your goals.
View the calculator on your desktop
CRAQC estimates that it will cost $7,200 just to meet reporting requirements. With Commutifi, you can do it for as little as $250.
Start the process today!
Submit your ETRP registration and assign an ETC
Complete survey of all employees at ETRP-affected worksites
Submit results of employee survey and implement an ETRP plan
Achieve SOV rate of 60%, regardless of compliance zone
The rule will impact any employer in the Denver Front Range with over 100 employees reporting to a single site.
Not yet. But if the rule is passed this August, you will have to register your ETRP-impacted sites by January 1, 2022.
You might be! Based on your compliance zone, you only need to achieve a 65-80% SOV rate by July 2023. That means that between 20% and 35% of your employees need to get to work by anything other than driving alone in a gas-powered car. (Even electric vehicles and working from home count!)
Unsure if your organization meets this threshold? Talk to a Commutifi commute specialist today to get a baseline report.
Each worksite will be categorized into one of three compliance zones based on the type of development around the site. Based on the compliance zone your worksite falls into, you will have to achieve a different SOV rate by 2023 (everyone still has to achieve 60% by 2025).
- Urban Core (e.g. Downtown Denver/Boulder): 65% SOV rate by 2023
- Non-Rural (e.g. Denver suburbs): 75% SOV rate by 2023
- Rural (e.g. rural Colorado communities): 80% SOV rate by 2023
Test out the TDM Calculator to see how you can achieve your SOV rate goals based on the compliance zone you fall into.
*An official map will be released shortly.
There are 5 main tasks you need to complete:
1. Register your organization with the State by January 1, 2022.
2. Meet your indicated SOV rate by July 1, 2023 and 60% by July 1, 2025.
3. Survey your employees every year between January 1 and March 31.
4. Create an ETRP plan to meet SOV goals and name an employee transportation coordinator (ETC).
5. Submit survey results and ETRP plans by July 1 each year.
With Commutifi, you can get started for free and achieve complete compliance for as little as $250.
Register for Commutifi today to get started.
Contact your local TMA! They are happy to help. (Not sure who your TMA is? Check out this map.)
- Boulder: Boulder Transportation Connections
- Denver: Transportation Solutions
- Downtown Denver: Downtown Denver Partnership
- Northeast Denver: Northeast Transportation Connections
- North Metro Area: Smart Commute Metro North
- Northwest Metro Area: Commuting Solutions
- South Metro Area: Denver South TMA
- West Metro Area: West Corridor TMA
Commutifi specializes in understanding how employees get to and from the office. Our patented Commuter Score provides a standardized methodology to compare commutes across all spectra to identify the best option for each individual according to time, cost, and carbon.
We offer an intelligent, connected, and secure tool for all your commuter compliance, analysis, and management needs.